Contributions are welcome, and they are greatly appreciated!
You can contribute in many ways:
Types of Contributions
Report bugs at https://github.com/accurics/terrascan/issues.
If you are reporting a bug, please include:
- Your operating system name and version.
- Any details about your local setup that might be helpful in troubleshooting.
- Detailed steps to reproduce the bug.
Look through the GitHub issues for bugs. Anything tagged with “bug” and “help wanted” is open to whoever wants to implement it.
Look through the GitHub issues for features. Anything tagged with “enhancement” and “help wanted” is open to whoever wants to implement it.
Terrascan could always use more documentation, whether as part of the official Terrascan docs, or even on the web in blog posts, articles, videos, and such.
The best way to send feedback is to file an issue at https://github.com/accurics/terrascan/issues.
If you are proposing a feature:
- Explain in detail how it would work.
- Keep the scope as narrow as possible, to make it easier to implement.
- Remember that this is a volunteer-driven project, and that contributions are welcome :)
Ready to contribute? Here’s how to set up
terrascan for local development.
- Fork the
terrascanrepo on GitHub.
- Clone your fork locally:
$ git clone email@example.com:your_name_here/terrascan.git
- Create a branch for local development:
$ git checkout -b name-of-your-bugfix-or-feature
Now you can make your changes locally.
- When you’re done making changes, check that your changes pass linting and tests. The following commands will simulate locally all checks executed as part of Terrascan’s CI pipeline:
$ make cicd
- Commit your changes and push your branch to GitHub::
$ git add . $ git commit -m "Your detailed description of your changes." $ git push origin name-of-your-bugfix-or-feature
- Submit a pull request through the GitHub website.
Pull Request Guidelines
Before you submit a pull request, check that it meets these guidelines:
- The pull request should include tests.
- If the pull request adds functionality or policies, the docs should be updated.
- Make sure all tests pass by running
Was this page helpful?
Glad to hear it! Please tell us how we can improve.
Sorry to hear that. Please tell us how we can improve.